Wednesday’s Wink … {why I luv ikea}

The below curtain rings are a perfect example on why I luuuv Ikea. Most moderate budget retail stores sell curtains rings for about $14.99, and Ikea sells them for $2.99. A HUGE difference! For several windows in my home I needed a total of 12 sets. Let me break that down for you in cashola language …. 12 sets x $2.99 = $35.88 vs 12 sets x $14.99 = $179.88 .. yikes!!! So the moolah I save on the curtain rings in money I can invest in actual curtains!

Above and below are 2 great photos from Ikea. I know people that luuuv going to Ikea’s showroom and others that shiver with disgust at the thought of having to venture through their ‘maze’. But I love it. Hmmm, maybe it’s also bec. they sell $.50 hotdogs, and the most delicious cinnamon buns I have tasted for only $1.00. Economical furniture items, accessories, creative ideas, AND food = I am there!   (photo credits: Ada’s Interior Design ) Every comment is read, appreciated, and loved. To leave a comment please scroll down. Too busy to visit my blog regularly? Then subscribe (for free) to receive new posts via email, simply follow the adorable birdie located at top right side of our website: www.adasinteriordesign.com.

This entry was posted in decorate and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Wednesday’s Wink … {why I luv ikea}

1. Lisa says:

You’re so right about Ikea! I love going there even though it’s about an hour away from my home (but only 5 min from work). I try not to get too carried away with buying too much of their furniture for one room since it can start to look an Ikea showroom. Love your pics btw.

Hi Lisa – “Ikea showroom” .. funny and soo true! Ikea is about 45 mins from me to .. so when I trek over it’s definitely a ‘not being in a rush day’ so I can enjoy the trip. Plus, I love how their create their showrooms (so creative) .. it’s like flipping through a magazine IN PERSON!

2. Latoya says:

I love Ikea, too! I think it gets a bad wrap sometimes. But, from my experience the pieces that I own from Ikea have held up very well and the prices are super reasonable. And, the swedish meatballs are tasty!

Hi Latoya …. maintenance I believe is the key on having the ikea furniture last (like not using abrasing cleaning liquids). The ones I have have lasted a while as well :) And of course the oooooh so economical yummies .. I personally can’t go there withOUT buying their cinnamon buns (YUM!).

Great deals- I heart IKEA and this post has inspired me to make a trip to the store soon!

4. anonymous says:

This does inspire me to take a day to travel to IKEA :). It sounds like everyone has the same situation that I have IKEA is kind far away but it’s so worth the trip.

5. Michelle says:

Love Ikea! Good thing it’s like 45 mins away or I’d be there every weekend. Every time we go there…cinnamon buns for sure!

6. Thanks for the tip about the curtain rings. I had been buying them at Joann’s for about $6 for a pack of 10. Now I just have to find a day to make a trip way out to Ikea. I wish there was a closer Ikea, I miss the lingonberries!

U r very welcome Meegan. Even $6 is a good price . I have seen them for average of $14.95 :O Buy, yeah …. Ikea rocks with their low prices!

7. Nina says:

Ada, it was so great meeting you. Can’t believe that was almost two weeks ago. Time has been flying by so fast…

I loooove Ikea. Glad I live quite close to one. Already stocked up on their Christmas decorations :)

Hi Nina … Hubby and I just finished gathering our xmas decoratings (JoAnn store .. closer to us than Ikea …. had GREAT stuff this weekend). I my have to keep him from Ikea or he may add MORE decorations for this holiday!