Wednesday’s Wink … { Design Peek: A Room for Toddlers }

Happy Wednesday! This is another one on my designs for two awesome toddlers in Manhattan – Joshua and Jacob. I designed the room to include 2 beds in an L shape design, cool fun area rug to designate the ‘play’ area, and loooots of storage! Oh, did you see the cutie-pie colorful ottomans in orange and red below?

I actually painted the clouds (this was waaaaaaay before I can across the magic of decals!!!). So, yep those clouds below were free-hand drawn by moi. And check out the sailboat drawer knobs I found to revamp their dresser. Do you like them?

We added canvas bins (red, orange, tan, green) to store little toys while (of course!) maintaining the fun colorful look and making the bookcase look less cluttered:

Ready to see a BEFORE photo???? Below is how the room looked before my design, as you can see it was partially used as a home office. What immediately caught my attention was the window valance … since colors weren’t ideal for the 2 boys who loved colors! So how did we revamp it ‘ECONOMICALLY‘? ….

…  I stapled blue fabric over the old fabric (voila!!!). I went to several fabric stores looking for the PERFECT blue that matched the wall color (and when I found it …. hallellujaaaaaa!!) .

Here’s the furniture placement layout:

Did you noticed the 2 color wall color? The blue color = sky, and the green = grass. I lightly outlined with a pencil the curvy hills in the ‘town’ for the painter and he then painted the designated areas. Then we added fun decals of cars, trucks, trains, and even planes.

Want to see another before photo? Here it is with my scribble of what we would remove and add. We also added a custom storage bin (placement: back to bed) with lids that open up:

The only thing NOT new in the room was the blue rug, one dresser, and the crazy-cool colorful ceiling light, oooh and the books and toys :) .. but they were all my inspiration for the design. What do you think of the transformation?

(photo credits: Ada’s Interior Design) (Blog Parties: Making the World Cuter)Every comment is read, appreciated, and loved. To leave a comment scroll down.

So you won’t miss any new posts,
enter your email address here:
Delivered by FeedBurner

This entry was posted in decorate and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Wednesday’s Wink … { Design Peek: A Room for Toddlers }

1. Mike Penque says:

Looks nice. The new look rooms seems more bright, shiny feels fresh and clean. Good job! I would like one for my kid as well.

Glad u like the design Mike! – wonderful!!! The transformation with new illuminated colors def made the space feel brighter!

2. What a lucky child to have their room overhauled like this. Great job Ada!

3. I love the color and the space! Great use of space! Any kid would love to have this for a room!

Hi Tiffany – glad u like the design … just bec it is a small room doesn’t mean we can’t design it to be FUN and FUNCTIONAL!!!

4. Rose says:

Love it!! So fun and organized. The colorful bins are a great way to add color + function. Thanks for sharing! :)

5. Amanda says:

This room is so colorful and fun. I’m sure the toddlers loved it too. I love canvas bins and they come in all sorts of colors.

I love how storage bins can display different styles ….. from elegant to fun to sassy depending on the colors + textures of the bins!

6. Ada I wish my kids could have such a lovely room. Looks so poitive and makes me smile.

What I like the best are the colors (so bright and cheerful) and your storage solutions. So much more open space and less clutter in comparison to the ‘before’ shot.

8. So adorable. I love the bright colors and fun art on the wall. I got some good ideas for redesigning my son’s bedroom.

9. Nina says:

What a cute and cheery kids room! Ada, well done!

10. How lovely, what a difference you’ve made! It looks so bright and fun.

11. Michelle says:

Too cute! Everything looks awesome I don’t know whats my favorite part. I do like that light fixture though. But, I wonder how long it will stay so neat and tidy. :-P

12. Ada says:

Hi Michele, glad u like the design :) They were 3 yr old and 1.5 old .. so it could turn into a storm .. then fun cleanup time!!! Thank goodness for the storage bins … early training to put stuff away :)

13. We stumbled over here from a different page and thought I may as well check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you. Look forward to looking at your web page again.

14. Shannon says:

Really cute toddler room, I love the bright colors. I’m a new follower! I’d love for you to stop by my blog sometime:)

Shannon@SewSweetCottage