Wednesday’s Wink … { I’m onsite adding branches to a wall }

Today we are posting pics we took from when I went on-site to install a wall decal for one of my clients. Did you spot the birdie?

Instead of covering this small wall with curtains (plus the window already had shades), we decided to give it a visual artistic look by adding tree branches. The tricky part was cutting the decal paper around the window frame .. snip snip:

I don’t leave home without my PINK Swiss-knife set hahaha (of course, it HAS to be pink):

It is always important to pull the decal transfer paper DOWN and not towards you to prevent it from un-attaching from the wall (object):

Do you like the decal? I like the jagged edges that the branches have, making it look a bit more realistic:

Funny, Here I am smoothing out the decal design onto the wall, from top to bottom (great workout for the tushy too!!!):

And here is the beauty, fully installed, check out how the branches go through the electrical switch (and I didn’t even need to hire an electrician!!):

Decals are economical and a great way to add a lot of character to a wall, for this room, I also helped my client selected the soft creme-color white paint:

What do you think of it? Do you like the decal design?

(photo credits: Ada’s Interior Design) Every comment is read, appreciated, and loved. To leave a comment please scroll down. Too busy to visit my blog regularly? Then subscribe (for free) to receive new posts via email, simply follow the adorable birdie located at top right side of our website: www.adasinteriordesign.com.

This entry was posted in decorate and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Wednesday’s Wink … { I’m onsite adding branches to a wall }

Beautiful, at this scale, it almost reads as wallpaper.

2. Nina says:

Branches and birds, sign me up!

3. Janet says:

I love this decal it looks so natural. It looks like there’s a little bush is growing in the space of your client’s home.

4. What a great idea! Did you design it? Cheers.

Glad u like the design!!! I sourced/ purchased/ installed it for my clients, i didn’t design the decal … BUT chose the best design for their style, and budget :-)

• Jenn Carse says:

I love the design and it would match perfectly with the birds and branches I already have. I have been searching for something like this online but they are all too much tree or not as cute of birds and super small. Do you mind sharing who you purchased from? If you are not able to, I understand, I LOVE it by the window, super cute :)

Hi Jenn, glad that you like the design and how cool that you already have decals (decal POWER!). If I had purchased this for myself, I wouldn’t hesitate letting you know where it is from; but I purchased it for a client and out of respect for my paying clients I do not reveal the specifics.

• Jenn says:

I understand :) I’ll keep searching!

Hi Jenn, cool … keep going you’ll find the PERFECT one just for you!! .. that you will LOVE!

5. Marivic L says:

I think the black decal looks very classy. Is the room going to be modern?

6. I believe that is one of the so much important info for me. And i’m glad reading your article. However want to observation on few basic issues, The site style is great, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers

7. Myra says:

The placement of this decal is great (by the window) it’s like bringing the outside in…