I love spiders! The furrier the BETTER! You too? Of course, I am referring to the FAKE spiders (wink!). Instead of decorating our home this years with the plastic ones I decided to create some furry ones and show you how EASY and ECONOMICAL they are to make. Oh, did I mention that they are TASTY as well? We made some with lollipops. I am sure that Trick-o-Treaters will LOVE grabbing the spiders with the ‘extra treat’ that brings a huge smile. So, get ready to put your entomologist hat on to (1) dissect the 4 materials needed for this DIY and (2) inspect the making of 2″ and 4″ furry pipe cleaner spiders for Halloween, see below.
Ginette and I ended up making:
SMALL spiders (sized about 2″ adorableness)
LARGE spiders (sized about 4″ long)
STEPS FOR LARGE chubby FURRY SPIDER
1. for BODY: wrap tissue paper around lollipop + cut stem if u want
2. for LEGS: wrap + twist (3) pipe cleaners around the lollipop stem to create legs
3. for FEET: at the END tip of the ‘legs’ flip the tip up to create ‘feet’
4. IMPORTANT: since lollipop are heavy, criss cross the legs around the bottom of the lollipop so it can HOLD the chubby spider up.
STEPS FOR SMALL PIPE CLEANER SPIDERS
1. BODY + LEGS: all from the pipe cleaners (no candy!)
2. CUT 2 pipe cleaners in half = 4 strips and criss cross all of them = 8 legs, but use 2 of the legs to create the round body
Aren’t they the cutest FURRY spiders that you have seen? Even T-Rex finds them cute.