Monday’s Make-it … { my Recycled Gift Wraps + Tags }

Hi!! How was ur weekend? On Sunday, hubby and I jetted to buy a new Christmas tree .. our living room one DRIED OUT – yikes!! We tried to water it but the trunk was too bit to fit the base with enough room to take in water. So, we got a TALLER and WIDER tree … with a thinner trunk and it’s slurping away all the yummy water we feed it. Did you see the gift tags I made from photos? I am still in the gift-idea-mode so today I’ll show you how I created gift tags and wrapping paper from grocery bags. Here I go, snip snip ….

The grocery bags are from when I went shopping at Trader Joe’s … every year that come out with their festive designs on their brown bags which we get for free when we go shopping there. Don’tcha love FREE things!!!

I use the bags for wrapping gifts and for creating gift tags (a matching set!! .. oooh yeah for FREE):

Below are more photos. Do you like? Do you have a Trader Joe’s near you?

You can STILL create a lovely holiday-look from a solid color paper bag by adding ornamnets, a holiday-icon decor like a small Christmas stocking, or a card what you can personalize:

Are you planning on creating your own gift tags this year or using store bought ones? I plan on using both. In this Thursday’s blog post, I reveal MORE gift tags ideas ….  from left over Christmas cards and more recycled tags (psst … from Starbucks brown bag and cup holders) – here’s a preview peek of a tag created from Starbucks’s coffee cup HOLDER (yep, theholder that keep us from burning our hands when sipping their deliciousness) and stay tuned this Thursday for more:

( photo credits: Ada’s Interior Design ) Every comment is read, appreciated, and loved. To leave a comment please scroll down. Too busy to visit my blog regularly? Then subscribe (for free) to receive new posts via email, simply follow the adorable birdie located at top right side of our website: www.adasinteriordesign.com.

This entry was posted in decorate and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Monday’s Make-it … { my Recycled Gift Wraps + Tags }

Funny enough, the other day I was cleaning up and realized that the TJ bags actually had gift tags printed on them!(I guess they realized people like using them as tags). I saved about 3 of them to use them next year!

That is funny!!! The bags I had for TJ didn’t have any tag outline so I created my own, but it def shows that MANY people love the idea of turning them into gift tags. And ooooooh Starbucks brown bags have great holiday designs too!!! I may revised this post and add the starbucks design as well :)

2. wow, how wonderful that tjs is providing an easily reusable bag! won’t get there before christmas, but thanks for the idea. i do use brown bags sometimes, or plane white paper, and just decorate it. happy preparations!

3. Lisa says:

I love that idea. Too bad I’ve already wrapped my gifts. I was looking at my Starbuck’s bag this morning in a new way. They have a cute nutcracker on the bag that would look great as a gift tag. Oh well, there’s always next year.

Hi Lisa .. funny … I grabbed a starbucks bag the other day to create tags from it … I want to add them to this post. It’s been soo busy here so I haven’t had a chance to create any yet, but I will . … to give people a visual inspiration. They r still good for gifting during the winter, like I have seen some bags with snow design (winter!!!!) that can be used in Jan and Feb gifts.

4. Janet says:

The labels look like you went out and bought them. They are very pretty. The Snowflake gives the tag a nice touch.

5. Nina says:

I did notice the holiday decor on my Trader Joe bags but didn’t really look at them…Love the snowflake tag you made! Yay for recycling!

Hi Nina … yes, yaaaaaaah for recycling!!! Eyeball the Starbucks holiday bags next time you head to Starbucks :)