Monday’s Make-it … { Cuuuute Acorn Magnets | easy to make }

Happy 1st Monday of 2012  … woohoooo! How did you spend the New Year? Did you have a beautifu night of relaxing or partying? I spend it in ny’s Times Square and it was …. magical!!!

There is a burst of magic that happens when you are with 2 million people and it’s 10 seconds to the new year with all our voices in sync counting/shouting (with all your might and joy) down to the new year…  5, 4, 3, 2 ,1 then burst of CONFETTI surrounds you completely + I do mean COMPLETELY!! May this year be magical to you too! Now, onto today’s awesome DIY. How wintery cool is this magnet:

Super-mom and blogger extraordinaire, Marie, loves crafting with her kids and getting messy with glue and glitter! She is the founder of MakeAndTakes, a blog all about providing ideas and crafty tidbits! Here is her creative and economical magnets made from acorns! The materials she used:

What a great idea huh? I adore how she personalized it with little faces on the acorns!

I’m definitely going to have to hunt down some acorns for this easy yet crafty project! Mosy on over to MakeAndTakes to see how you can make these Fall Acorn Crafty Magnets. Thank you, Marie, for sharing your crafty inspirations! Do you have your 2012 calendar yet? Here is mine (isn’t it cute??):

( photo credits: MakeAndTakes ) Every comment is read, appreciated, and loved. To leave a comment please scroll down. Too busy to visit my blog regularly? Then subscribe (for free) to receive new posts via email, simply follow the adorable birdie located at top right side of our website: www.adasinteriordesign.com.

This entry was posted in decorate and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Monday’s Make-it … { Cuuuute Acorn Magnets | easy to make }

What a cute use for acorns & super simple as well.

They are ADORABLE aren’t they … I still have t hunt down acorns around here .. may have to fight soem squirrels for them :)

2. Tori says:

I want to go to New York soooo bad! I can only imagine what it was like on New Year’s Eve!! Happy New Year!

Hi Tori, I hope u get to go one day to the Times Square New Year’s Eve event .. it is SPECTACULAR …. hmmm, maybe u will go this year!!! :)

3. Very cute! I bet my son would like that project. I love your elephant calendar too.

4. Amanda says:

That sounds like an amazing experience. That is a cute use for acorns. Did you make the elephant calender? It’s cute.

5. Happy New Year Ada! I’ve always wanted to spend New Years in Times Square or somewhere else iconic but from a distance (like in a trendy apartment overlooking the festivities – crowds and me don’t work well together!) Love these cute little acorns, it’s just the excuse I needed to get myself a glue gun and heaps of glitter!

6. Michelle says:

Cute magnets and I LOVE the calendar! So jealous you were in Times Square. We had a quiet night at home which I actually thoroughly enjoyed. Happy new year!

Hi Michelle … glad u love Marie’s acorn diy magnets. T/Square was soo much fun, i lost my voice the next day .. so def enjoyign some quiet time now :)

7. Theresa says:

Great crafting idea. Yes, now to find some acorns.
    I am SO impressed that you rang in the new year in Times Square. I lived in NYC for two years and never attempted Times Square (mainly because we had to be on the West Coast with family for the holidays). OH, it must have been so much fun!

Thanks Theresa … it was awesome dancing with my hubby in the middle of time sq everyone cheering and confeffii allll around us. We got a spot that wasn’t too crowded … hence beign able to actually dance. It was magical. They also had fireworks which was GREAT too!!!, and a little show where the ball drop was located showing the Green Gobling trying to take over and Spiderman coming to the rescue.