Wednesday’s Wink … { peek at a loft i designed }

Hello friends, yep that is me below … striking a pose for the photoshoot of one of my interior design projects – a loft in Yonkers, NY.  With a small budget we were about to create individual spaces within the loft … a home office, dining space, and living room (the bedroom was up the stairs).

One of my fave design elements was the GLOSSY (oooh so shiny) black doors for the WOW modern look .. see how the shinyness actually mirrors the room:

Here is the furniture placement drawing that I drafted .. can you spot all the different spaces? .. kitchen, dining area, office, living room:

With a small budget, the trick to making a design stand out is incorporatign unique elements .. such as a CHALKBOARD painted backsplash in the kitchen (economical and FUN), and instead of getting a framed artwork for the dining table we incorporated hanging strands of pearl discs:

Here’s a side view (sorry for the low resolution quality  photo):

That’s me again below (NOT holding a cigarette … it does look like I am haha), I am actually holding the chalk for the backsplash:

Check out the backsplash closer:

As always, I hope my designs(photo credits: Ada’s Interior Design) Every comment is read, appreciated, and loved. To leave a comment please scroll down. Too busy to visit my blog regularly? Then subscribe (for free) to receive new posts via email, simply follow the adorable birdie located at top right side of our website: www.adasinteriordesign.com.

This entry was posted in decorate and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Wednesday’s Wink … { peek at a loft i designed }

1. Amanda says:

The space looks great. I like the open floor plan & the separation of spaces was done nicely.

Glad to hear that u like the design Amanda!! With a tight budget, it’s always important to balance furniture/accessories throughout – not only 1 area :)

2. Michele says:

I love all the combination of the place because it made the place so modern. Glossy looks also works on condo.

3. Tania says:

Open floor plans are my favorite! Thank you for sharing. Love the turquoise wall contrast with the white and the hanging decor (kind of makes me think of Neiman Marcus in Honolulu with their hanging butterflies as you ride the escalator). Great job Ada!

Btw, thank you for the FB love on my blog page, I really appreciate you stopping by.

Oooh Hawaii …how I miss thee! Though I haven’t been to honolulu, i have stayed in Kauai and LOVED it!!!! Glad u loved the design yaaay!

4. What a simple, uncluttered space. I love the shiny doors and the other pops of color in the room. I also like that you’ve been able to create so many functional areas within a small space. I need to have you over to my place.

Hi Lisa, glad u love the colors. The design may look simple, but it it FULL of fun and unexpected elements … like the glossy door, black are rug that is a simple yard of fabric, chandelier made of votives, chalkboard backsplash and muuuuch more :)

5. Rose says:

i LOOOOVE the chalkboard backsplash! I’d leave notes and write messages all over it haha

Looks so bright and cheerful with that great wall color! And the kitchen back splash is just as fun.

7. Great job!! I love the chalk board black splash and hope to use that technique on my next place!

Hi Liz, glad u love the FUN design … have fun with the chalkboard paint … which u can use practically ANYWHERE. There is even chalkboard fabric nowadays!!!