I am so happy that I finally managed to squeeze in this post this week. I’ve been wanting to share the DIY HANGING WALL DECOR with you for a while now. I actually collected the leaves in autumn, and it’s winter already (eek!)… yep it’s been a while. But I finally made it. Ok, here’s the scoop, if you want a super economical, easy to make, colorful (customized to colors you love) hanging decor to give your wall a unique look try making these paint dipped look hanging leaves wall decor.
It looks like it’s paint dipped, but it’s not – I totally cheated, I have no time to get deep dishes –> fill with paint –> then dip. Instead, paint brushes did the job perfectly! See more pics/ supplies / instructions below.
1. leaves (free from mother nature)
2. thread ($1.99), standard one like this
3. branch (free from mom nature)
4. watercolor paint ($1.00 from dollar store, or this one has a variety of colors)
The branch I spotted (and grabbed) from the ground after a rain storm. Yeah, I’m the weirdo walking around with a branch in her bag.
Instructions / Steps:
1. hang the leaves from the stem with the string onto the branch
2. once you finalize the height variety paint different colors
3. mount onto your ceiling or wall using mini hooks like these and string
4. invite friends and fam over and casually stand under the hanging art that you created, and pop your collar with pride displaying that “I made it” cool look. When asked .. “you really made this”, make sure you wink and nod at the same time. Ok, enough of the 80s decade cool moves guide, below are more pics, enjoy.