Welcome to my office tour! My office sweet office. I hope you enjoy the tour. I also added answers for questions that I get asked often. When designing my office I knew I wanted to be surrounded by vibrant energetic colors that illuminated happiness and that had a fun twist of sophistication (queue in the wallpaper, cow hide area rug, long shiny curtains, and more!). I’m not the type of gal that wears pink outfits, but I do LOVE walking into a bright office .. guess it’s my caffeine! The colors simply makes me ‘feel happy’. And isn’t that what we all want? … days full of laughter, fun, and happiness with minimized stress! I sure do! And oooh boy, it sure can get stressful running your own biz.
1. Work attire. No, I don’t work in my PJs. However, if I have a deadline and my schedule is tight to/from the gym then I work in my gym clothes until I finish the deadline, then swan dive into the shower.
2. Snooze button. I wake up at 6:30am; hardly ever hitting the snooze button, but zombie’ing into the kitchen for caffeine.
3. Morning routine. For the days that I don’t go to the gym, I get caffeinated, jump in the shower, make/have breakfast, clear dishwasher, meditate for 5 minutes, then take a walk around my neighborhood (10 minute walk) before I even enter my office … so it not only feels like I am walking to my office every morning, but I get to mentally prepare myself for the day.
4. Lunch. I love to say that I have a kitchen in my office (haha, since my office is in my home), but I actually don’t often take a lunch break, at least not one that lasts more than 10 minutes. <- trying to change that!
5. Any unexpected visits. I had an assistant that came in super early one time and I had just walked out of the shower … so I opened the door with hair wet and in my robe. She was fine with it, I felt weird (naked!) about it but didn’t want to leave her waiting outside. From then on I stressed to all my assistants to arrive “on” time. This is ALSO the reason why I don’t advertise my home address, to avoid clients showing up when I am wearing a kiwi mud mask.
6. Tables. We have 3 tables, all serve different purposes. The round table is where we create mood boards and layout our cutting mat. We have 5 chairs; 2 with wheels casters on the chairs was a MUST when I designed the office. It’s a fun factor pushing from 1 side of the room to the other. Also have a credenza holding the printer and my lemon tree that doesn’t blossom any lemons.
7. Wallpaper. Purchased from here. To find the design I have, look under Radiant Orange tab, then Modern (##WC1280100).
8. Paint swatches. I have my wall paint color swatches visibly mounted to a wall so they can be ACCESSIBLE. We have a small step stool to reach the top ones. accessible! I mainly use (refer) Benjamin Moore paint. I used 2″ ring binders to hold the swatches (similar one here).
9. The pink grandfather clock. It’s not painted, it’s a wall decal from here with a $3.99 clock from Ikea placed in the center.
10. Ladder. Purchased from Ikea, but spray painted to get the gray pearlescent color. Our tall bookshelf system called for a ladder (who needs yoga when you have a ladder at work, right?! Ok, I still love yoga!). It’s also a design trick to give a wall (area) a 3D look.
11. My most precious item office. It’s the “I love you rock” under the work table? See why here.
12. Pets? Yes, we have fish and a snail (named Gary after Spongebob’s pet). I like calling them our office Mascots bec they cheer us on throughout the day, wink!
13. Organized or messy office. With some design / craft projects we have materials everywhere (on floor, tables, ladder. etc), but we aim to wrap it up (put everything back if not by the end of the day then by the next morning). As for my actual desk, I usually do have papers scattered (furniture photos, project reviews, client budget lists, etc) throughout the day, however (and this is something I have done for yeaaaaars), by the end of the work day, I pile all my papers together so the next day I don’t walk into a messy desk. Otherwise, it would drive me bananas!
14. French doors. Entrance to my office had to be glam’d with French doors, it originally had 1 solid door. See how hubby and I installed + saved money here.
Thank you for visiting my office! Oh, and say hello or ask a question in the comment below. What do you think of my office?