HOW TO FOLD AND FILE T-SHIRTS FOR MORE DRAWER SPACE
Hi, it’s Ada here again! If you feel you are lacking space in your dresser drawer then this is the perfect do-it-yourself post for you! Hubby has toooons of t-shirts. He usually does the laundry, and I am in charge of putting the clothes away. I hang some, fold some, mysteriously get rid of some (donate pile!). But, we always ended up with an overflow of t-shirts that I had to tame (squish!) into the dresser drawers, until I started filing the t-shirts. Yep, FILING them! Today’s post I will show you step by step on how you can FOLD and FILE t-shirts to save lots of space in your drawers. It’s shockingly amazing how much storage space this fold and file t-shirt technique saves in drawers!
- Nothing! With these techniques you don’t need any materials besides t-shirts
- Lay t-shirt so back faces the top
- Fold left side to the right
- Fold right side to the left
- Fold bottom
- Fold middle
- Fold top
T-shirt is now ready to be filed. How long do these 6 steps take? This process takes SECONDS to do. Seriously! I actually took a stopwatch and timed myself and it took me 15 seconds to fold/file. Easy breezy! Below are the steps with photos, and as you will see our kitten T-Rex helped:
1. Lay t-shirt so back faces the top (so you can see the front design at the end)
2. Fold left side to the right (about 1” from collar)
3. Fold right side to the left
4. Fold bottom (⅓ rd way up)
5. Fold middle (⅓ rd way up)
6. Fold top (⅓ rd way up)
All done, in seconds! Now simple FILE IT in your dresser!
Hmmm, I may end up filing jeans, undies, socks, and sweaters. When storing winter clothes I usually lay them flat in bins, but now that I am a clothing filer connoisseur I may file everything!!! You too? Check out my instagram feed where I added a cute video showing this fold and file technique.