Here are 10 Quick Ways to Add Color to Your Rooms ~ For full length articles subscribe to our eZine at www.adasdecoratingsolutions.com
There is a quote from Albert Einstein that I love. Actually there are a lot of quotes I love from our buddy Al, but this one stands out because it involves taking action. The quote is as follows:
“Nothing changes until something moves”.
So so so true, a ‘something’ usually starts with your mindset. Having the mindset to listen to your heart and letting it guide you to the next step - in prospering your business, in living a wonderful happy life, in decorating your home to nourish happiness.
What should you do? Answer is to move! … no, I don’t mean move out of your home, I mean move as in take action or make changes by incorporating certain design elements into your home that liven up your home and heart. Color in either sprinkles or HUGE splashes make a dramatic difference in the way we feel within a room, so here are 20 quick ways that you can ‘move’ color into your home.
1. Decals (add colorful wall decals, some decals are easy to remove and relocate to another area of your room when you want a different look in that room). Check out these designs below and a cool color chart from www.etsy.com/shop/ChuckEBrydWallArt:
2. Frames (buy or paint your current picture frames with a color you love; you can get a red, purple, white, or any color frame that your heart desires).
Read for more?
3. Toss pillows (perfect for pillow fights and for adding a sprinkle of color)
4. Cabinet door handles (you can easily replace old cabinet door handles with new ones for a sprinkle of fun, there are even kitchen cabinet door handles in the shape of spoons and forks - for the fun unique factor!)
6. Light switch covers (choose a colorful design that makes you smile every time you reach over and turn on/off your light switch OR if you have a standard white cover plate you can write a quote or draw a design with a color permanent marker).
7. Slipcover (add a fresh new color to your sofa, armchair, etc. with slipcova fitted slipcover)
8. Flowers (buy a colorful bouquet and separate the colors to coordinate with different rooms in your home).
9. Books (arrange the colors of the book ‘binders’ .. all blues together, all green together, all tan colors together to create a color flow within your bookshelf)
10. Paint: Painting your walls or perhaps just one accent wall (much quicker!) is a great way to make a dramatic difference in the feel of your room. But I bet you knew that, so the question is .. do you know it will, but you still hesitate to create a change in your home that will enhance your visual happiness? As our pal Al says … “Nothing changes until something moves’.
Maybe you know some of these ways to add color to your home, but remember until you ‘move’ you will feel the same. If you do want to feel different within your home sooner than later, then incorporate at least 3 ways to add color into your room from the list above. ‘Move’ to the beat of your heart! With love!
© 2010 Ada’s Interior Design Inc. | THE ARTICLE ABOVE IS A PEEK-A-BOO SECTION OF ADA’S “SMART DECORATING SOLUTIONS” eZine/e-Newsletter PUBLISHED BI-WEEKLY. To get full length savvy interior decorating tips, subscribe to the eZine at www.adasdecoratingsolutions.com and you will also receive Ada’s FREE interior decorating eBook.
DO YOU WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR BLOG? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Ada Gonzalez is a professional interior decorator nationally known as the ‘Interior Decorator for the Star in You’ because her designs focus on empowering her clients to feel better at home with economical solutions that illuminate their personality, passions, style, and comfort. She provides full design concept-to-implementation service and decorating consultations in New York; for clients throughout the USA she offers her Dream Design Kits tm where she designs their rooms and mails the designs with all the buying resources. Her free e-book called Delicious Decorating for the Star in You is an empowering fun guide which includes a decorating cheat sheet and reveals the top 31 mistakes to avoid in Design, Lighting, Color + Scale, Decor, Organization so you can feel great at home; available at www.adasdecoratingsolutions.com