Yep, we are still in Hawaii (you can checkout where we are now in Hawaii via my instagram updates) … I created today’s DIY post before we left. What did I make? A tiny (pocket-size) FLIPBOOK to give to hubby for our 4 year wedding anniversary. Above is the gif animated version of it. I got the super ADORABLE idea of blowing kisses via paper from Katie at Color Me Katie blog (thank you Katie for the inspiration!!!!). Here are the steps:
(1) I took a few “action” scene photos… some scenes had me holding up signs saying HAPPY 4yr ANNIVERSARY which I simply write on copy paper with a red marker . . . .
(2) then added hearts clipart using Photoshop (you can also draw the hearts with a marker like Katie did) . . . .
(3) I made sure I had “security” up so hubby didn’t see the design before our anniversary ( I also placed tacks on the floor .. just kidding!)
(4) printed each scene in qty of nine duplicates of each scene . . .
(5) then trimmed each scene . . .
Pssst, yes I did color coordinate wearing my PINK shirt and RED lipstick (smooch) . . .
What do you think of it? I wanted it to be small so hubby could carry it in his work bag. It actually turned out SMALLER and CHUBBIER than I had hoped <- all lessons learned for next time around …. note to self: make it wider and less duplicated quantities. The paper clip make it easier to hold / flip and it is a bit more shall I say ‘manlier’ than a ribbon. I think it’s an ADORABLE unique (AND PERSONAL) gift for any anniversary, birthday, valentine’s day, just-because day, or even Mother’s Day (psssst, Mother’s Day is this Sunday, wink!).